Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!


One of the things I am so thankful for is our neighbors. We live in a cul-de-sac which is great for kids and dogs. So sometimes I let the dogs out in the front yard with me because I don't have to worry about traffic as much. But. . . sometimes they get a little wild. We lose the ball in the neighbors backyards, they go into their garages to explore and they steal milk and juice jugs out of recycling bins because to them they are toys. And, yes, they poop in the neighbors' yards. (But I always pick it up.) And worst of all, unfortunately, Brodie only knows one way to greet people. Charge at them while barking. This can be very scary when you're not expecting it or even when you are. I'm constantly yelling "come" and "sorry." But our neighbors are gracious. And the children in the cul-de-sac play with our "children" which for me is the biggest delight. The neighbors' know the dogs names. They let us go in the backyards to retrieve balls or even throw them back over for us. During one of my apologies Al even said "Don't worry, to us they are like another one of our boys." That just spoke to my heart. This is a great place for us to live. Not just because of the location, but the people. We are so thankful for our neighbors. Remember to say "Happy Thanksgiving" to your neighbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment