Thursday, December 10, 2009

Off With His. . .

Sorry, we've been watching Alice In Wonderland. So, I took Bradley to get neutered yesterday. I had to drop him off early in the morning because I can't stand having a hungry puppy, but you can't feed them before surgery. When I got home, Brodie came to greet me and Bradley. But where's Bradley? He looked for him for a little bit but then went on to more productive things. He gingerly began to roll Bradley's food ball around. Remember the food ball from a previous post? He was rolling it so slowly that nothing would come out almost like he was doing it on purpose because he knew he wasn't supposed to eat Bradley's food. I said, "You know that's not your ball" and he stopped. Dr. Bob called to tell me that Bradley had done fine in the surgery and was waking up. He's to have no activity for 5 days. Define activity. Can he jump in our lap where he lays because he can't not lay in my lap? No, you have to pick him up. Well, the first thing he did when he got home was jump in my lap. Up and down. Up and down. Wrestle with Brodie, uh oh, we're in trouble. This dog that we usually call lazy is more active than he's been in his entire life. Out come the bones to settle them down. At 4 o'clock in the morning Bradley woke up barking. I know his pain medicine was probably wearing off and he was still hungry from the meals he missed yesterday. We went out to potty and came back to our kennels for half a cup of food. Bark Bark Bark. . . Bark. He finally settled down for a little while. Then bark and cry. Sleep. Bark and cry. Sleep. etc. etc. Until the alarm went off at 7 am. Yay! More pain medicine! And Brodie goes to school to help us keep Bradley inactive. I'll let you know how day two goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment