Thursday, January 21, 2010

Together

I just read a fabulous book, Together by Tom Sullivan with Betty White. Yes, the actress. I didn't think so, but I looked in the jacket and it's her. This book is about a man who is blinded in a mountain climbing accident. He begrudgingly goes to the school to train for a guide dog where he is partnered with a black lab who has been returned three times for bad behavior. LOL! It's sounds funny, but it's actually a very emotional journey for both the man and beast. The book is also very educational. I learned so much about how they train the guide dogs and train the people who have to use them. It's just a great read all around, so check it out. I'm adding it to my shelf of favorite books.

Click here for a list of organizations supporting guide dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment