Monday, March 22, 2010

What's In A Name

I love the neighborhood Brodie Creek. I love the architecture and the many colors of the houses. I love to just drive through. It reminds me of San Francisco. About 5 years ago, I was driving a friend through Brodie Creek because she was picking out a color for her house. I thought Brodie would make a nice dog's name. I filed that away. Then when we met our little Brodie, I already had his name. It also means brother, which he was going to be for Angus. Now that we are deciding on colors for our house, my parents and I drove through Brodie Creek, Aghast! They have all gotten vinyl siding, which you may know only comes in limited colors of dreary. I was so sad to see this neighborhood loose a major part of it's charm. Not to mention it was the inspiration for my Brodie's name. I told Brodie now we're going to have to change his name.

No comments:

Post a Comment