Thursday, July 1, 2010

Hanging Out on the Porch

After our recent missing dog episode I've been a little nervous about letting the dogs be outside for more than a few minutes without checking on them. I know that kinda defeats the purpose of having a doggie door. And I've put a lock on the inside of the gate. But still, I'm just anxious. So the day after the episode they were outside for, I don't know, maybe two minutes when I felt the need to know where they were. I look outside and they were both lying down next to each other on the porch just looking around. Brodie caught me spying and got up. I slowly backed away to go get the camera. This is something I thought I'd never see. 1. Brodie relaxed. 2. Brodie intentionally and willingly lying down next to Bradley. I slowly crept back up with the camera. Brodie was still standing but I was taking pictures anyway. Brodie was just sniffing the air. Bradley was watching the jets fly over. He likes to look at planes and helicopters go over. He thinks they are really big birds. Then Bradley saw me. He stood up and stared at me through the window because he wasn't sure who I was. Gave me a woof warning in case I wasn't supposed to be in the house. Then I called out to him and got a great big puppy love greeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment